Frequently Asked Questions by Clients in Mill Creek, WA

We try to anticipate questions you might have about titles and registration and provide the answers here. If you need additional information, contact us today at 425-385-8755 or!
1. Can I renew my driver's license at this office?
No. We are a vehicle and vessel licensing office only. You will need to contact a driver's licensing office.
2. Who can renew my tabs for me if I am unable to come in?
Anyone with the same last name or same address printed on their driver's license as the registered owner can renew tabs.
3. What if the person renewing my tabs doesn't have the same last name as me?
If the person renewing tabs does not share the same last name or address as the registered owner we accept a letter of permission from the registered owner. This letter needs to include the name of registered owner giving permission, license plate and or VIN of vehicle, name of person authorized to renew tabs, and signature along with driver's licence ID number of registered owner.
4. When I renew my tabs online how long do I have to wait to pick them up?
When you renew your tabs online during our normal business hours they are ready to be picked up within minutes. If they are done after hours we print them up before opening on the next business day.
5. Can I use a debit or credit card at your office?
Yes. We do accept all debit and credit cards, however there are fees involved. Debit transactions have a $2.00 fee and credit cards charge a fee based on the amount of the transaction.
6. When can I renew my boat tabs?
All vessels expire June 31st of every year. You are able to renew registration up to 6 months early.
7. What is RTA tax?
If you live in urban areas of King, Pierce, or Snohomish counties, you may be required to pay Regional Transit Authority (RTA) tax. This tax is collected on behalf of Sound Transit to pay for their local transit-related projects. You can visit the DOL website for additional information here:
8. Does my car need emissions?
If you are just doing a registraion renewal (tabs) emissions are required every other year. On title transfers, however, emissions need to have been done within the last 12 months. For more information, including which cars are being tested this year, you can visit the emissions website here: